January 12, 2017

Maya


Just before the holidays, our sweet baby girl Maya became very sick. We had her at the Vet being taken care of for a week, but on Christmas Eve, she was just so weak and frail from not eating that we had to put her down. It was just awful as I am sure so many of you can relate. She laid her sweet head on my lap and let me know that she was done. She was so tired and weak. I tried so hard to stay calm and just talked to her about how much we loved her and how she was simply the sweetest dog there ever was. And honestly, she was.

The stress and worry while she was at the vet induced shingles in me over the holidays. It was a blessing in disguise though because I was able to spend much more time at home over the holidays than I would have. Life just feels so different right now still without her around. I can't get used to coming home without her there. Feeding her, letting her out, having her go between my legs over and over when I came home from work, our reason to hurry home to take care of her. I miss her so much right now.

Maya, aka goosebottom, Maya Po the noosh, and babaganoush, we love you so much and will always remember you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!