May 20, 2013

Matilda Jane Knock Off Pants

Last week, in my sewing craze, I tried to make a pair of Matilda Jane knock off ruffle pants. I LOVE the clothes on that website. Never been to a  trunk show, but I'd only dress Lily in those clothes if they were affordable. Unfortunately, they are pretty pricey, and I never see stuff that looks like their clothes in the stores around here. So, I attempted to make a pair to look like these below.


This is what I came up with.

Cute huh! I loved the way they turned out, even if a little loud. Understatement. They are pretty wild, but I still think they would look adorable on Lily. So, where are the modeling photos you might be asking? Yup, you guessed it, I made these too small. So frustrating! Lily has chubby thighs and quite a chubby belly. I suppose if I had used a forgiving fabric, it could have worked. A knit... I'm learning.  So Missy, these are coming your way in the mail in hopes that your skinny minny Ella Jane will be able to fit them! UPDATE! Here is Ella modeling the pants I sent ;)



And if you get the inspiration to try to do a knock off, here is a tutorial from Modest Maven I used for making the pants. I tried to make my own pattern based on a pair of pants of Lily's. I suppose I didn't give myself enough seam allowance though. Good luck! Time to order some stretchy fabrics...


No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!